Thursday, January 21, 2010

RadioPoppers!

I just received my new Radio Poppers and a new Canon 580 EXII flash and stand. I'm going to develop my off-camera flash skills. The Poppers can fire a canon flash from over 1000' away. I am going to try some backlit silhouette shots after dark, and some nice side lighting for my wedding and senior clients.

I evaluated the Radio Poppers as well as Paul C Buff's Cyber Commander and the Sekonic Pocket Wizards. The Poppers have by far the best range.

Now I just have to figure out how to operate multiple flash units on my Canon rig. I have the 580 EXII, a 430 EX and two poppers (transmit and receive). Next I'll add the FPE-2 and another receiver so I can run two remote flashes off camera.

I'll post some sample shots once I get it all working.

No comments:

Post a Comment